There are plenty of workbooks you can buy from the Dollar Store or local library and many more. Although all these workbooks provide a lot of paper and pencil to practice basic concepts on a surface level, they cannot help much with homeschooling.
Instead of spending time and money on some of these workbook materials, a Workbook-based curriculum is the best material that will ever need to help enhance your child’s skills and abilities.
A Workbook based curriculum serves as practice material to complete challenging tasks and fulfill academic concepts.
Most workbooks are designed as supplements for the most extensive programs, and they serve as useful practice materials to achieve targets. However, many brilliant students use workbooks exclusively for academic study.
Affiliate Disclosure: This page contains Amazon affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more details. I may earn a commission from any sales but this is at no extra cost to you.
Mostly, workbooks for homeschooling are light weighted and cheaper than textbooks under $5 or a little bit more.
You may also like this post: How to Start Homeschooling
Here is a list of the workbooks that will make your homeschool a breeze. I have listed below my favorite Workbook-based curriculum that better-suited homeschooled students. These all are easy to use, require zero preparation, and encourage independence.
The Best Workbooks For Homeschoolers
1. Kid Zone Workbook Series (Pre-School -3rd Grade)
This Homeschool workbook series is excellent for preschool. It has a slow pace and is not complicated like other workbooks. All graphics pages are colorful, bright, and engaging. These workbooks are perfect for 3-5 years toddlers to practice and to master a skill they are learning in preschool.
- Big Preschool Workbook (Ages 3 to 5)
- Big Kindergarten Workbook (ages 5 to 6)
- First Grade Big Workbook (Ages 6 to 7)
- Second Grade Big Workbook (ages 7 to 8)
- School ZOne-Big Third Grade Workbook (Ages 8 to 9)
2. Flash Kids Complete Curriculum (Grade 1 to 6)
Flash Kids offers a variety of complete workbooks by grade homeschool curriculum. It offers learning tools covering workbooks for math, reading, and language art skills with a lively, lighthearted series. These workbooks make learning easy with clear direction, charming art, and comprehensive answer keys that allow kids to work independently.
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 1
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 2
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 3
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 4
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 5
- Complete Curriculum, Flash Kids Harcourt Family Learning for Grade 6
3. Brain Quest (Pre-k to 6) The Best Workbooks for Homeschoolers
The workbook-based curriculum for homeschool (Pre-k to 6) has colorful and engaging activities for all subjects. Mainly, it covers Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Brain Quest encourages kids to do more practice than other workbooks. If your child is fond of accepting writing challenges, there is no other cheaper option than Amazon!
- Brain quest Workbook for Kindergarten
- Brain quest workbook for Pre-K
- Summer Brain Quest for Pre-k & K
- Brain Quest Between Grades 1 &2
- Brain quest Workbook for Grade 3
- Summer Brain Quest for Grades 3 & 4
- Brain Quest Workbook for Grade 4
- Brain Quest Workbook for Grade 5
- Brain Quest Workbook for Grade 6
- Summer Brain Quest between 5 & 6
4. Critical Thinking Company – Empowering the mind!
Critical Thinking Company designed the Workbook-based curriculum to help students polish their analytical thinking processes. It is the most expensive option on my list; although it is colorful like others, all subjects are sold separately for your convenience. It is one of the best Workbook based curriculums that develops kids’ critical thinking in a very organized way!
- Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 1 for Preschool
- Mathematical Reasoning Beginning 2 for Preschool
- Mathematical Reasoning Level A (Grade K)
- Mathematical Mysteries
- Mathematical Reasoning Level B-Grade 1
- Mathematical Reasoning Level C-Grade 2
- Mathematical Reasoning Level D-Grade 3
- Mathematical Reasoning Level E-Grade 4
- Language Smarts Level B
- Language Smarts Level C
- Language Smarts Level D
5. American Education Publishing-Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills
It’s the best-selling Workbook with educational activities and instructions. The book covers various skills like reading, writing, spelling, math, social, and science. This comprehensive resource educates kids at home and is perfect for parents who want their kids to exercise writing daily.
This is a non-inclusive Big Workbook series for Total Math and Total Reading. Hence these are sold separately and maybe sometimes unavailable on Amazon. You can grab these quickly on Rainbow and eBay.
- Total Math for Grade K
- Total Math for Grade 1
- Total Math for Grade 2
- Total Math for Grade 3
- Total Math for Grade 4
- Total Math for Grade 5
- Total Math for Grade 6
- Total Reading, Grade PK
- Total Reading, Grade K
- Total Reading, Grade 1
- Total Reading, Grade 2
- Total Reading, Grade 3
- Total Reading, Grade 4
- Total Reading, Grade 5
Here is another fantastic website link to get a complete workbook by grade series for homeschool. This is a beautiful site with affordable prices and an accessible shipping facility (order for more than $50).
Christianbook.com offers a range of Educational Workbooks & Resources like Books, Activities, Flashcards, and many more for homeschoolers who love to educate their kids at home. Nowadays, these workbooks are the essential factor to give education at home during the Coronavirus Quarantine.
General English Workbooks for Homeschooler
School Zone – Reading Activity Workbooks is an excellent resource for reading comprehension, and it makes reading fun and easy for kids.
What are the Workbook Curriculum Benefits?
There are many advantages of using Workbook based homeschool curriculum:-
- Kids can learn independently.
- They can have some exciting discussions.
- The Workbook is the key to success as these provide a solid education.
- These workbooks are engaging, and kids do not get bored.
- Workbooks enhance critical thinking skills in kids.
- Many kids love workbooks as a method of learning.
- The Workbook makes kids deal with their sick days.
- Workbooks for homeschoolers make many families afford to homeschool.
- Kids promote goal setting and reward achievement.
- Self-paced – kids can finish a grade level on a time limit.
- More Flexible than public school.
- These are suitable for all ages of kids.
Frequently asked questions:
Can you homeschool with just workbooks?
I don’t think so! But workbooks have their benefits, as mentioned above. Homeschool workbooks are an easy way to educate children from kindergarten to high school.
What is the purpose of using workbooks for homeschooling?
A workbook usually makes it easy for kids to complete essential tasks and concepts related to their educational syllabus.
What are the best workbooks for homeschooling?
As I mentioned above, the all-important workbook series from Preschool-Grade 6!
I didn’t add Science and Social Studies because most parents eliminate science and social studies from their list when they first start to homeschool. But there are many options on amazon to cover both subjects.