If you have little kids who love to color you probably have a collection of pieces of crayons hanging around the house because we know that the little ones love to eat them.
Before I used to just throw them away until I figured out a recipe to make them into crayons again.
Here I am going to share how to create Lego Man Crayons from the little pieces of crayons lying around your house.
Materials You Will Need To Create These Lego Crayons
- 24 pack of crayons
- Lego Man Silicone Mold
- Sturdy Cookie Sheet
How to make your lego crayons
- First, let’s start by peeling the wrappers off all of the crayons. You can also do this by putting the crayons in a cup of water and just let the wrappers get wet and peel off with a plastic knife.
2. If you would like to solid colors you can sort the crayons by color or you can mix and make rainbow colors the sky is the limit when it comes to creativity.
3. Break the crayons into small pieces that will fit inside your mold.
4. Place broken crayon pieces inside each cavity of your mold.
5. Preheat your oven to 325F.
6. Place the silicone mold on a sturdy cookie sheet.
6. Melt the crayons in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until completely melted. You can use a toothpick to ensure there are no lumps remaining in the crayons.
7. Because this mold is small and has little crevices, you may want to fill it with crayons twice to avoid overstuffing the individual cavities.
Allow the crayons to cool completely before attempting to remove them from the mold.
Now that you have created this masterpiece allow your children to color and play with them. Enjoy!